10.25.2007

M.I.A.

I absolutely despise the 'song' Boyz by M.I.A.

The Current over plays the damn thing. It drives me nuts. It's not even that great of a beat. It's more like an annoying mosqito that's stuck in your ear. Lovely...no? And just because they played that song today, of all days, I will NOT be donating to MPR for their big 50K drive. (well....at least not until I'm perky again and have recieved a pay-check.)

Speaking of paychecks. I want one. I went from a 2 checks/month to 1. And word to the wise. Never quit your old job and then start a new one (that requires you to move - moving = a lot of $$), unless you have dollar for dollar planned out. I'm living on scraps at the moment. Luckily, my first check will be decent so I won't be in poverty forever. It's just that these last 3 wks have been rotten expensive between car payments, a security deposit, new fees for moving, renting to move stuff, 'celebrating the move' (I kept that to a min.) and then the whole new 'wardrobe'.

And yes, the wardrobe upgrade was necessary. I absolutely cannot be traveling and meeting new clients in the drabby/small wardrobe I had during my last few years of at home contracting and being an assistant. Nope. I needed a major 'chic' upgrade. That required a massive trip to the King of Prussia mall where I spent two, too many hours in 3 stores. If you know me, I love stuff, but I hate shopping. I'm a snobby shopper to add to that. If I don't get the kind of service I expect (it varies from store to store) I will walk out and not come back for many weeks. I understand the whole commission thing people. You don't deserve it unless your customer is happy.

Get with the program you commission high associates! That note goes out to the sales associates at the following: Vickie's Secret, Balbinos and Nordstroms.

Oh and by the way....I found out that my boss wants to hire me an assistant. Don't worry, I won't get one till I actually start moving a crapload of product. And looking at wk no. 2....it's gonna be a few months. Oy.

No comments: