10.02.2007

Ice, Ice Baby!

I am sitting in spot no. 4 at my soon to be 'ex' job in 2 weeks. Seriously....I'm sitting at a desk amongst 30 boxes of stuff. I am feeling a tad claustrophobic. To stay sane I listen to music with headphones on and lose myself in the music and rhythm of work.

I forgot how much I hate the last few days of a job....that is because you have a bipolar outlook on your job. You can A) say screw it and half ass it seeing you are busy trying to get normal stuff done (i.e. find a place to live) or B) work extra hours to cover EVERYTHING you've been putting off for a 'rainy day' that never came and fret over the personal stuff that you will never get done.

I'm doing B more than anything right now. But I'm afriad that will mean I need to start collecting extra 'packing' boxes to convert them into a nice little hut to live in when I do move.

This fretting has made me extremely obnoxious at moments but thank the Lord I have three of the most awesome friends out here (yes roomie - you're included!) and two people from back home who will take a call at any moment to settle my nerves. Somedays I feel like I have them working overtime. Then I (annoyingly) start to apologize like I would back in the day (note: I used to say sorry for everything and actually meant it....sad, but so true). Next thing you know I realize how much more obnoxious that's becoming so I apologize AGAIN! And that is when you're suppose to just slap me cause I'm going crazy.

So yeah, I'm a crazy woman right now. I need to move soon but have no place to live and I am very, very sick of people asking about everything. Sush...I know what you are thinking and I don't care if that is considered mean...when you're stressed about moving (i.e. where to live in a new place where you know NO ONE, changing all your information over, car repairs...etc..) and how to finance it on a very SMALL budget because your car decided to die right beforehand giving you no option but to buy a new one.....heads will fly. (right there I deserve an award for the longest run-on sentence.)

Anyhow between my personal moving and having to pack and unpack my office at work (4x, but who's counting?!) I have officially lost 'it'. So you may wonder - "How are you handling this?" I wish I could say that I merely pick up the phone and solve all issues in a few words in a nice cool and calm fashion. But no, I'm taking a much more passive route that involves me sitting numbly infront of the tube, having a soda and playing spider solitaire.

As bad as that sounds I would like to say that it's the best way to get visitors (so lazy I am!) and well....I did discover the awesome mini-series "The War" on public television.

And now you may be thinking - "Why did I just waste 5 minutes of my life reading this?!"

I did see Vanilla Ice on Saturday night. I got to skip the line into the host bar because I am THAT tight with him! Or it could have been because my friends girlfriends sister had danced on the bar of this place and they gave her a free pass.....

Oh and I almost got kicked out that night too. Not because I was loud and obnoxious, ironically because I looked sleepy. But I told the 'dish boy' who had the nerve to kick me out to go back to his own business and that "like hell I'm leaving!" He left me alone after that.

I'm bad.....almost Vanilla Ice bad!

No comments: