2.19.2008

Feeling Stabby

I may be frustrated with 20 things right about now. That's all fine and expected, especially after one moves to a new city (with zero friends) and starts a new job (with zero leads and guidence) but really, if I have to deal with one more idiot on a personal or professional level, I will get, STABBY. (no worry TC, I will not stab you, for you keep me semi-sane)

At this moment, my steal away moments of solitude are found playing Brickbreaker on my BlackBerry. Sad. Very sad.

The cherry-on-top after a weekend of 'stabbiness' (weekend: long and girly story....only good for those who like movies such as the Notebook gone sour - gah! I think I just threw-up in my own mouth over that thought) I met the ultimate stabby moment. The one and only main lead I've been trying to hook over the past 3.5 months (and I had trashed all thoughts two weeks ago after many rejected calls/emails) contacted me at Monday morning and said he'd be calling.

That's good no? Yes. But no. Monday was President's Day. The ONE Fed holiday that we have off and due to the Notebook End Bad weekend, I wasn't in the mood to move. BUT what seemed like fate (damn you irony) led me to throwing on enough clothing to call myself appropriate and hop over the 20 mile-away land called Malv-rn. I got there and recieved his detailed requriements. I was literally salivating over this. All I needed with a final CIF quote for SMP. Simple right? Cause once he recieved that, I could send it his merry way and await for a call from his bank and "POW!" a sale! But nope, I couldn't because it was President's Day. Everyone was off. The only stupid product I had to quote had to be brokered - meaning a call had to be made. The 'oh-so-close' moment was there and POOF! gone. And hour and a half later I walked out of the office, defeated, again. Thanks Washington.

And that, makes me feel stabby.

Along with Aharpdog. But we won't go there. Yet.

No comments: