2.13.2008

I wuv ooh


This is sad. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is bankin' on Valentines Day now. I'm okay and used to the commercials for flowers, Hallmark and jewelry. And yes, you are seeing a lot of the E-harmony commercials come into play for those who are like me (i.e. without a significant other). But, I do have to say that one of the most sickening things about Valentines Day isn't seeing the lovey-dovey couples, it's the fact that EVERYONE is trying to make a dime off of those lovey-dovey types(and some of the ones suckered into it). I'm not even going to get into the whole timing of commencing the retail froth (perhaps 6 days after our Lord's birthday is a little early...ya think?!).

So yeah, retail...you're going hard for the saps and now you have a new one on crew.......

www.m-w.com

Yes, even Merriam-Webster online is lookin' for some V-day action. It makes sense that there are people who are attempting to be poetic with their sonnets and soliloquies and need that little extra help (and I can't blame them seeing I'm an avid visitor, granted my visits are solely to keep from looking like a complete idiot when writing to clients). I fully love the fact that their main page is plastered in a red/pinkish colored background with pictures of roses, an ad for FTD.com and section titled "Merriam-Webster's Romance Language." OY!!!

I think I'll write a haiku for kicks. Maybe I'll give it to the UPS guy. He's lookin' pretty good these days.

No comments: