1.03.2008

Peanuts

Two more friends are engaged. Yay.

That's two more out of the Group A category.

What's Group A you ask? Well there are different 'categories' in ones adult life.

A) Young and Single/Semi-Relationship (a.k.a not hitched)
B) Young and Engaged/Married
C) Married w/ Kids
D) Single and Old
E) Old/Married/Kids/Old-Divorced

I, of course, am in the (A) group. I enjoy the group seeing I am right out of college; though it has become increasingly smaller. While you wouldn't think it would be that different hanging out with the (B) crowd...it is. You're not in their world anymore. You are distanced and not invited to as much stuff because your (B) group friend prefer to hangout with other (B) group friends. It's easier. Less awkward. No worrying about 'pairing' up the single friend. They talk wedding talk freely (without having to worry about their (A) friends making a gagging face behind their back). And then it becomes even more disconnected when the (A) or (B) friends move to the (C) group. Again, they prefer their own kind cause of "How would you know what it's like unless you had a kid.....?" moments. And then next thing you know everyone else is just plain old and showing you pics of their granchildren (or creepy and old, ha!).

So congrats friends. You're engaged and moved to Group B. I will appreciated the invite where I will go to Macy's or Target and get some registry item, find a 'decent' dress to wear and coax a friend into attending your glorious event with me(or go alone like I have done in the past...we won't even get into the whole "did you see that poor thang all alone over there!" story).

I do love the A/B Group. Those are usually girls who have boyfriends who aren't engaged/married but act as if they were. Seriously..what do you do with those types? They seem to prefer to hangout with their A friends but long to be in the B group. That's just messed up. At least I feel as if it is.

I will admit, there are times I wished I was in the B and/or C groups for the mere fact that I want to be able to relate better to some people in my life. It's funny how one thing small (though significant) change change a friendship.

****

And on anther note......I chose the 'biodegradable' packing peanuts over the 'non-static' peanuts. Damn I'm such an environmentalist! I believe my comment to the assisant when asked what I wanted (and she was promoting the non-stick to your butt type) was........

"I'll risk peanuts stickin' to my butt for the environment!"

No comments: