1.11.2008

WOTD

Today the "Word of the Day" is albeit.

A) It's cute
B) People don't use it enough
C) It is so proper sounding and efficient when used (i.e. shortens ones' sentence)

I just used it and it made me happy. Go figure. I'm odd. Perhaps I'm a little crazed on Dunkin' Donuts coffee at the moment and running around like a mad woman at work and trying to focus on everything but last night. I'm also excited because I'm heading down to DC tonight to kick it with my peeps who I miss like something mad. I'm a bit out of touch with politics and want in; so a good dose of prancing around the Hill for a night should fulfill my needs.

Okay, I'm just realizing that this is a worthless post. Sorry. But before it becomes anymore worthless.....I want to ask you to please keep in your thoughts with the following friend's parents who are fighting illness/going through surgrey, etc....Liz, Rach, Garrett, Tony and my own father.

It stinks to know that so many of my close friends' parents are in such horrible states of health. I still have a hard time grasping the fact that my once, very healthy and robust father, now can barely walk or stand upright because of the detrimental power of multiple sclerosis. Who'd think that people, such as my friends and I, who are in our mid-20's are now constantly worrying about the health of their parents. For the longest time I thought that didn't happen until you were in your 40's and with your own family. Nowdays it seems like you are barely on your own and you are making a U-turn home to help your own parents (I can't say I've done that,yet, but there is always Plan B).

I am, and know that my friends are more than anything, so happy and lucky to still have our parents. Granted my own father cannot do what he used to and yes, I'm a bit freaked that his condition changes so fast and only for the worse. But I can still talk to him, I can still see him and more than anything I can still hug him. For for that I am thankful!

Good luck and get well to Liz's dad and his surgery and to Rach's mom and her chemo. You are strong!!!

No comments: