1.04.2008

A Spy

Okay. So there's this whole new version of 'Evite.com' for men creatively called, Manvite.com. A friend of mine sent me the link just to prove that he's manly and knew what was going on in the world of men (Good for you buddy!! Gold star!!). Anyhow, I decided to sign-up for their mailing list for kick and after informing my buddy about it I recieved the following message from him:

Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 10:25:09 -0800
From: buddy@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Fwd:MANTIP: Getting to Happy Hour while in a Relationship
To: myself@msn.com


Yeah, I'm on their mailing list too - pretty fantastic, huh? I don't know about you getting on and being a spy, though...

Then again, I guess you did pass the test set forth in Man Law # 317:
Women who claim to like sports should be considered spies until they demonstrate a working knowledge of the sport or the ability to pick a buffalo wing clean.



I replied with the following:

Yeah, pretty sure I'm not a spy. Though, I can see where you're coming from but remember this......

1. I own and know how to use a pitchfork
2. I can drive not only a stick (car) but also a big ass JD tractor
3. I've wrestled 250 lb cows
4. I know more technical moves and history about wrestling than most H.S. wrestlers.
5. My car snack is beef jerky (Wawa's brand SUCKS by the way) & I do not mess with Saskwatch
6. When you metioned buffalo wings, I did salivate a bit (it's 9 am!)
7. At the gym last night I automatically switched tv channels from Law and Order over to watch the Flyer vs. Wild game (3 to 1 - stupid flyers)
8. ESPN is the only 'favorite' tab on my Blackberry
9. My Dad calls me to talk about wrestling
10. I recieved the most penalty points during the U of M '05 Co-ed Broomball season

I don't think I'm a spy. It's just damn natural.


*****

Nice hunh!?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Um. Yes. "Nice"...