1.28.2010

Rethinking the Plan

Seriously, I'm starting to re-think I why I even have the text message option for my phone.

The reason why I even bring this up has been over the last ten messages I've received.

1/28 - 2:20 p.m. EST - "Boobs" Yes. Wow.
1/27 - 12:53 p.m. EST - "Made it to the DC interview stage of foreign service. Last major hurdle to clear." What the hell?! I think it was a mistake from the friend
1/24 - 10:38 p.m. EST - "F" This was in reference to the Vikings losing to New Orleans. Who cares about the NFL? Not I! Then again, I did go and watch the game at a bar and managed to partake in three towers. Oops.
1/24 - 4:58 p.m. EST - "And order a beer tower :-)" re: above note
1/24 - 4:55 p.m. EST - "Around 6:15 ish, we'll need find seats" re: above, yes, this is bizniz
1/24 - 1:50 p.m. EST - "Game Day, whoop!" Intense messages only need apply
1/24 - 9:13 a.m. EST - "Right? I think my boss should meet him." Umm... message made me unhappy seeing it was in response to my meeting Mr. Awesome and how I should have his children
1/24 - 1:21 a.m. EST - "It is quite a tasty beverage. Night!" I guess I have a hard time getting thorough messages through via text. To his response I had to call and EXPLAIN what I had meant.

So you see over the past week little to nothing was accomplished via text messages yet I pay ~ $10/month to have the opportunity to send ridiculous/stupid/useless messages to my friends/acquaintances and only hope that something utterly profound (re: stupid) about sex/drugs/stupid people will cross my screen to make it onto the TextFromLastNight page. But as you can tell, that is likely not to happen. I am somewhat sad over this, to think I'm not good enough for it. But then again, if you're an avid reader, you understand that 90% of the messages posted are from 16-22 yr olds who have yet to understand the word responsibility and well, maturity. I'm not saying I'm the picture of maturity but at least I know what is just wrong with a majority of that posted.

1 comment:

raphchea said...

yah.. but it depends upon who sends you messages..

-raphchea