1.27.2010

We Grow the Ivy

Best line of the past weekend:

"I totally understand, I mean, I went to Cornell and couldn't get a job for six whole months. Really, I went to an Ivy League school."



... this is from a girl who was "consoling" a guy that just got done having a very public argument over finances with his long-term girlfriend.

Followed by, second best line:

"I think I did something good today! I feel so good!!"


... after the guy walked away to talk to his girlfriend.

Just add that to the great list of reasons why I can't stand Cornell people and yes, I have had many reasons from the past. And no, I'm not against Ivy League folks. Heck, some of my closest friends are Yale and Harvard Alums. It's really just Cornell. Which, from what I understand, isn't all Ivy. As in, some of the schools within Cornell University don't belong under the Ivy status. Hilarious.

***

School is in full force. I am scrambling each day to do my reading before nodding off to sleep. I am also enjoying a heavier work load. More work means more $$ and who complains about that, not I! Most notably after reviewing flight prices for going back home for Easter, which leads me to this. It is sad and crazy that it's cheaper for a RT-nonstop from DCA to Seattle than it is from DCA to MSP (which INCLUDES a layover). Sick. But then again, I like Seattle, perhaps I should visit sometime soon.

I am still trying to get a hold of this whole weather situation. I mean, I understand that it's warmer in DC than MN, derr. But 60 degrees in the middle of January is a bit ridiculous. Really. It is. I forgot it was just January, I thought it was April and I had missed Easter. Anyhow, I didn't even know it was 60 degrees out until the late afternoon on that day. It took a phone call from my mother announcing that it was blizzard-like conditions in MN while I was sitting in nice, balmy weather. Sad but again, that was good because it meant I was too caught up in work to even know what was going on beyond my bedroom/office.

And that's when I officially knew I had left home... weather no longer matters!

No comments: