4.18.2007

365

This is it.

I've been in DC for exactly one year today.

Wow. I do have to say that it has really become my home lately. Between the places and friends, I can't imagine my life much different. I want change but I'm not sure if moving will make it better. Plus, after doing my taxes by myself (for the first time in my life!) I believe that the best time to move is at the beginnnig of the new year....seriously, Part-Year Resident taxes are crazy and confusing.

I'll admit, there were days when I wanted to pick-up and leave. To go to the comfort of home (family in MN). But now, when I visit home I end up missing my other 'home' and 'family'. Funny how people can really make or break a place. Seven months ago I was still in search for a DC family, now I'm so invovled with people and relationships I can't imagine what life was like before them. But that's a good feeling.

So yep, I wish I could say I'm celebrating tonight but instead I'll be with my Hokie family at a prayer vigil. That's what family does. We celebrate and mourn - together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're definitely part of our family. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I'm so lucky to have you in my life. I love you!

Anonymous said...

Thank God you made it to one year!! Now stay out there and kick some foreign dairy marketing ass!!