4.01.2007

The Unexpected.

This weekend was full of the unexpected. There's always the normal unexpected stuff like a phone call from a friend you haven't heard from in months (love you CS!), or getting a compliment by someone who NEVER would do such a thing (hehe, AB!). But this...this I didn't see coming. My status has changed; thanks to TZ. We had been friends, BFF, confidants, the list of titles goes on but we've never held the boyfriend/girlfriend title. This is until the unexpected.

We met 3 years ago and off the bat neither one of us were fans of each other. I thought of him obnoxious and a little pompus; he titled me as a crass, pain-in-the-rear girl (which I was to him due to his 'tude). But time went on and we got to know each other better. The little annoying things faded and the freindship started to 'blossom.' (Okay, I know I'm getting cheesy here but I'm a girl so back off!). We started to spend more and more time talking to each other and would even joke that we'd make a perfect couple (this was at a time when he's sitting on a chair reading the newspaper and keeping me company while I curled my hair before we were going to go out to meet up with friends). We felt comfortable. But the spark wasn't there. That was, we didn't realize it was there. It may have been the comfort level that covered it for the time being (and other issues not worth mentioning of my past). But that changed. Slowly.

After a period of distance (time and physical locations) we started to rekindle the friendship. But then another roadblock came. He found someone else. Well, at least he thought he had and it was only natural for him to go to what's close rather than me out in DC. But that broke and with me by his side, we made it through. And that's when the unexpected happened. We both broke the friendship rule and are now moving into the realitonship title. Yes, it's strange and may be even a little fast, but since there is still distance, it may work.

Yeah, I'm nervous that it might not. But really....why hold back? Sometimes you just need to try the unexpected....it may surprise you.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

APRIL FOOLS!!!

Anonymous said...

I read this post while doing my every month or so catch up to your blog...and if your going to april fools us...try harder.