4.13.2007

DC Ya Ya

I had three Happy Hours last night. The funny thing is..I had not intention of any. The day went as normal (well, normal as can be) and next thing I know some co-workers were urging me to stop in at 4 Courts for a quicky. I obliged. Then I got a call from SS. We hadn't hungout together for over a week so of course she needed a good dose of Awesomeness (ahem, me). I discovered a new love - The Continental Pool Lounge. Basically one of the few places to drink in Rossyln. But I loved it. Very retro and good HH specials. So after our bout there we of course went home to drink off our buzz with the help of TC. The evening ended with a pillow fight and a new ottoman. It was amazing and the best part was all of this was accomplished within 1 mile from my place. I love this town.

****


Rock the Casbah - most excellent song ever. I guess....
The song became an unofficial anthem for U.S. forces during the first Gulf War largely on the basis of the line about dropping "bombs between the minarets". In fact, it was the first song played by Armed Forces Radio at the start of the war. This has been seen as highly ironic, if not downright insulting, by many Clash fans, given the band's well established anti-war stance. Conservatives counter that it is entirely appropriate, as "rocking the casbah" (as with bombs) was seen as one of the objectives of the U.S. military effort.

I say excellent.....

****

It's baseball time. Woohoo! I love and forever will be a Twinkies fan. But unfortunately I live a little distance from my boys.

No comments: