9.17.2007

Case of the ......?

I'm sick. Not deathly sick but enough to make me want to check out for the day (or next few). My forehead is warm, my stomach queasy and my eyes bloodshot. Oh so fun. I'd stay home but I can still function and move; albeit not at my normal, fast pace.

I am also fighting it because I think it was totally brought on by me....and a little thing we call stress.

Why stress you make ask? Well, here's the deal. I have a new job. I start the 15th (Oct) but I'm missing to very vital things - a new place to live and a runnig vehicle. That's right. My faithful car of many, many years decided to bite the dust. I don't blame her. She did okay for the times we've been through (not to mention all of those snowstorms during my days in IA & MN). So in less than one month I need to buy a new car and find a place to live.

It would be a little simpler if I was made of money and knew exactly where I should live (considering safety and trusting landlord). But I have neither. So the pressure from the clock is starting to get to me and provide me enough stress to make me sick. Yay! (please note - that was very sarcastic).

I did ask for this. I chose to leave my family miles away and to test my independence. And oh boy - I'm doing it. So I guess I need to just suck it up and deal.

But on a happy note - the DC Gophers Alum flag-football team did excellent this weekend. We beat both William and Mary & Yale. And I got the first touchdown of the season. Not too bad!

No comments: