9.12.2007

I'll Find My Own Meatloaf.

GK is doing a community thing in St. Paul where they are serving a meatloaf meal ($5) and having a street dance. I will admit. I'm a bit jealous. First of all, I make a one mean "Chuck Wagon Cheese Meatloaf" (from an old MN 4-H cookbook) and secondly, it's APHC. I love that show. Oh well. I'm over it. I'll just do my own version of being Minnesotan out here. I think I'll make a meatloaf and have a side of hotdish. I'll start with pickled herring as an appetizer and do a jell-o mold for dessert. It'll be delish. We can then end the evening with some coffee (Folgers...fancy stuff is not our style) and watch a home Twins game. Yah. Dat der sounds purty dern good.

There is another thing I'm jealous of back home at the moment. I read that it dropped to about 30 degrees F in places such as Benson and Willmar. Excuse me?! As I have had to sit in a muggy 88 degree weather with humidity at 91%. Not fair. Just looking at something would make me sweat. But for the first time in what seems like ages, I woke up to a beautiful morning with 65 degree weather and a low dewpoint. I can't see my breath yet (that means the weather is perfect for me) but it's coming. Slowly but surely. And today has been so beautiful. The sun coming up over the Iwo Jima and the air is starting to smell like the fall. Amazing. Gorgeous.

I can't wait to when I can stop giving a soulful look at my piles of sweaters and sweatshirts and actually wear one. Long gone are the days of me trying to figure out what is the most breathable/comfortable outfit I can wear in public without creating a henious display of poor fashion. Really, I've had to be creative without looking totally ridiculous (i.e. street hooker).

Moving on....

My search for an apt is still going on. I can't believe how much cheaper things are up in Philly. I may actually make enough to save enough. Hard to fathom at the moment, but we'll see.

I must get back to work. Sadly, I like what I'm doing today. I am editing a 26 page report on whey as an egg replacer. It's crazy, interesting and I'm a little too into it.

i.e.

While eating lunch the other day I was reading the Prepared Foods magazine I came upon at add for eggs. I sighed and thought aloud "well eggs....I like you but now you just have so much more to prove to me." A co-worker looked at me as if I just turned green. Me, all defensive, said, "Well you see, you can easily replace eggs in a bakery recipe with whey protein." I went further on to explain the benefits and simplicity of the change. Let's just say, they understand now, but still think I'm weird.

Great.

No comments: