9.03.2007

My Life - Chapter Four

I guess Chapter Four of my life will be starting soon. I don't know if people think it's normal to say it like that but for some reason that's the only way I can deal with the past and present. I may be a tad odd for the fact that I've always loved where I am but yet think/believe there are greener pastures on the other side. Yet, when I get to that other side I miss the other. There are moments when I miss them and then other times when they seem like ages ago and you no longer fit that.

Ages 1-20 of my life (i.e. Chapter One) was pretty stream-lined with the same thoughts, problems, values and desires...as little safety net of my life. But then it changed dramatically when I brought a group of people and activities into my life. Chapter Two only lasted for a few years...the majority of my college years. It was a good blur of fun, academics and learning a lot about who I really was. Next was Chapter Three.

The life I'm currently living.

It's very different from Chapter One. When I look back One, it seems so foreign. I barely remember it. I know there were a lot of great times but plenty of ones that just made me itch for change. Chapter Three is very much a fantasy. I live in a bubble world. Reality is far from the norm. My life is surrounded by people and things are 'important', materialistic and 'idealistic'. Not saying these are bad people but more like your super people. Ones that are not your norm old joys you'll meet on the street. So many of them are wonderful and so special to me, I couldn't imagine life without them.

I guess I would say 80% of the times I love my currently setting but I know it won't last forever. It's that 20%, which has been nagging me so much that I've started looking for new jobs in other locations.

So here it is. Looks like I will be starting a Chapter Four quite soon. I have been offered a job....a great job with great opportunities to grow and expand my horizons. As excited as I am, I find myself just as nervous. First of all it's in Philly. A large (VERY LARGE) city that I know little about (basically anything to do with Rocky and that's about it). Secondly, the job is different. As in, I'll be working in the for-profit work...the private industry. I will have commission. My new five most said words will include: clients, sales, pricing, quota and commission.

So yes, I will be doing it again. Ending my current job, packing, moving, unpacking, awkards meetings, making new friends and establishing a sense of community again in yet another new place.

No comments: