10.26.2006

私は日本人を読むことができない。

That is just how I feel. I get very excited now when I get materials in the English language. Don't get me wrong, working with international offices is very interesting and a great 'learning' experience, but there are somedays where I forget decent, meaningful English words. My work is currently working on our international websites.....cool except for the fact NO ONE is fluent in any Asian languages here. Sure, if you need to translate Spanish, Portuguese, French and Arabic - we're cool. But not when it comes to Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, Simple Chinese or Traditional Chinese.....I regret not taking classes.

Frustrating!

***

Less than TWO weeks until ya vote. I'm nervous and almost hitting the point where I watch/read the news non-stop. My co-workers are more than likely sick of me talking about it and the buzz on the Hill is going insane. You can hardly breath when you're at the Top of the Hill....you turn one way and there's a group talking about Maryland then another and people are freaking over Sen. Talent. Not to mention the RNC has gulped up a number of my closest friends; I think I remember what they look like. Might have to look for a picture. It was only by chance that I ran into RO and we got a share a whole solid hour together for the first time in over two weeks (that is long by our standards).

I'm excited and nervous. It is weird though, because for every 10 GOP friends I have out here I only have 1 Dem friend. (It was 50/50 back home) I don't even get solid arguments anymore. It's just like a bunch of us are getting squimish and are starting to argue stats/polls/media amongst ourselves. Those are usually the worst arguments. There have been a number of times when I've needed to just walk away and find solace in something else (which was baseball, then college football, now it's Dallas). Yes, you know I've gone off the deep-end when I start devoting at least an hour a night to watching the show Dallas. The next step towards crazy is when I sit there and crochet while watching the show. I haven't gotten there - yet. That might be because I cannot find my crochet hooks and yarn.

Regardless of whether or not I start crocheting, I will be a nervous/crazy person until November 8th. I don't handle losing well - okay, at all. It's not my thang, hence why the Gophers are killing me and why I cannot watch the World Series.

I just have to say - Lord help me and all those who will be around me for the next two weeks.

No comments: