10.20.2006

I Baked a Cake - Now Give Me a DAMN Gold Star

A word to the wise - never host a schedule like this:

5-6 pm – Drink at 4 Courts
6:30-10 pm – Drink at Pour House and Top of the Hill
10ish pm– Walk to metro
10ish later pm – Walk back to bar
10ish-11 pm – Stare at other people drinking
11 pm – Eat Taco Bell
12 am – Talk to roommate/shower/go to bed
4 am – Wake up
4:30 am – Still awake
5 am – Getting frustrated, buzz finally leaving, headache starting
5:30 am – Get out of bed and go bake a cake
6 am – Workout
7 am – Finish cake – get ready for work
8 am – Leave for work carrying cake
*******Tired blur and a lot of talking**********
1:30 pm – Go crazy with boss and co-workers…we had a mini bowling tournament

Lesson Learned:
Never promise to bake a cake (for co-worker birthday) then go to the bar where you know everyone. My ONE hour turned into five. I do know that during those five hours I announced to people that I was going to go home and bake a cake in heels becuase that is what good Republican women do.

I did it, but just not in the best condition - luckily the cake turned out to be a hit.

(The walking to metro and back was due to me forgetting to close my tab, so I had to go back, just don't tell AB I walked back from the bar seeing he was kind enough to make sure I got to the metro safe. No worries - RO drove me home, hence the late night Taco Bell run.)

No comments: