11.20.2007

'Drive' Me Nuts

Scene: AADPI office 8:41 am. Boss at his desk, co-worker at his typing away.

Me: walk by in a huff and plop bag down on chair. "Hrmph."
Boss: peeks around his cube, "Nice to see you all in smiles!" in an overly chipper voice.
Me: stomp over to him, "Well let's just say I'm for a state mandated driving etiquette test. I'm sick of all of these rude drivers and I'm tired of this crazy commute!"
Boss: a man who commutes at least 3 hrs a day, "Oh, I'm so sorry." (in complete and utter sarcasm)
Me: realizing I can't complain, "Whatever." plop into chair and type away.

In the past 48 hrs people have become as stupid does as stupid gets. I know, that doesn't make much sense but it's the nicest way of complaining about the idiot drivers. The etiquette is easy........ for busy on ramps, you go every other. Don't try to shove a car with 50 cars behind them off the side of the road. Or how about the person who changes the lanes 20 times to get ahead without even using their blinker?! Oh and my favorite, the person who doesn't even see the billion signs saying that only oncoming traffic (this is in a busy parking lot) can take that route, hence closing the gap for any outgoing traffic.

The latter was today. First, I'll embarrassingly admit that I was in a drive-thru line for a certain restaurant. The thing with this is that it's smack close to the bank infront of a Montessori school (i.e. there's little room for moving). I starting to go into the lane only to realize it's the "out" lane for outbound traffic. But I corrected in time and got in line (Note: The drive-thru lane is split by this "out" road). The thing is, there were a thousand signs for our drive-thru lane and a very apparent line which I was the tail of. Well this car comes up the "out" lane to get in line, hence cutting me off and blocking the "out" traffic flow.

I'm a little ticked but think she will overcome her obliviousness and figure out why I'm just chillin' right next to her. But nope, she doesn't. She just sits there. And then a car comes to the out lane and see's her blocking it. They attempt to show her it's their lane, but she stays oblivious. I'm getting annoyed and the "out" car turns around and makes a very illegal detour. Really, how can you miss the signs, miss the apparent line and then ignore a car standing right infront of you?

And to top it all off.....I saw that she's busy slurping down a soda from the fast food chain across the road. Really woman, I feel guilty as it is going to this place but look at you! You obviously have already been to one, why are you at another one and being dumb and not reading the stupid signs?!?!?! Gah!

Read the signs people. It's amazing how much your driving etiquette will improve.

p.s. I got fed-up and just left. I couldn't handle any more of the abusurdity.

No comments: