11.07.2007

This isn't Chicago?

Well my first real round of int'l travel is done...errr...well kinda seeing I have yet to land on US soil. It was a good trip where I not only learned a lot about my very own product (please note that I had been with my new co.less than 3 wks when I left for Egypt) so needless to say it was very educational.

I am happy that I got to go there (the ME) before heading to Korea or Japan. There are several reasons for this. First of all; businessmen in the ME remind me of old conservative men from my grandfathers day. Yes, they see me as this young girl who knows little, but for some odd reason that only makes me want to fight harder for a sale. The other reason is that the EU had much influence over the ME. Most people know English well. And thirdly, prior to my new job, I had made some good contacts within the industry, so I knew who I was going to be dealing with. Oh, and I can't overlook the fact that I LOVE ME food. Though I wish they were cool with pork. I don't think I could live without pork in my diet.

No comments: