11.18.2007

Thoughts on the Side

I just spent the weekend up in New Haven, CT for the Yale vs. Harvard game. Even though I didn't attend either school I have close relations with many of Yalie family. This all started with one friend I made during my time in DC. Over time I was adopted by the DC Yale Alumni group; them becoming my home base for friends and events. With the level of surrogate for my 'alum' family I ended up being invited to attend the Y-H game in New Haven. I was, at first, a bit apprehensive seeing I wasn't a real alum and I didn't grow-up with an Ivy league background, but I figured that it wasn't too odd seeing I DID play on their Alum Softball team and helped host a few events. So I gave in and went. And OH MY GOSH. It was so FUN! I'll give it to them; they know how to tailgate. Though their football team is far from the level of the SEC, Big 12 or Big Ten....they at least knew how to have a good time.

I spent the majority fo the game day on the Alumni Tailgate field and by the end I was the girl....
- who's uncle is Dick Cheney
- TD '03
- Studied philosphy
- Midwestern Yalie
- Flag runner
- Girl who knew what Corn Hole was (the game)

It was fun. Not my Gophers....but close enough.

No comments: