11.02.2007

Painful Joy

Iam sitting at the Heathrow airport right now and bored beyond all means. My flight does not board for another five hours....argh. But I must remember that I signed up for this. It is cool to be cosidered a world traveler but more so, nowadays, it's almost like a feat. The long waits, security giving you mile long lists of rules for baggage and of course the infamous flight delays.

My family is proud that I have no issues with trapsing around the world by myself. I guess I am too. I forget that I work in such a small sector; one where your co-workers are overseas a good part of the year. I think nothing of booking a flight to Seoul or giving a trade office in the UAE a ring. All things are int'l to me.

I am afraid of the day when foreign is home to me and home is foreign.

No comments: