7.10.2006

5 Day VACA!

Just got back from my first trip back to MN. It was good times but crazy full. I barely landed and then zoomed off to Sterbs to meet the gang. I forgot how much cheaper stuff is (okay, mainly alcohol) is back in MN. I liked it. The guys won some music game...which I have NO recollection of. Then the next day and a half days were consumed by wedding. Even though I'm normally the 'anti-wedding' girl, this one I loved. Mostly cause it was my bestfriends, but it was beautiful and well, just awesome. AND to top it all off they are going to be living in Jacksonville, NC - holla!! I will even let you know that I cried for the first time in my life at a wedding. I sobbed so hard that I had to walk away from the camera a dozen times.

As for the rest of the weekend - it was nice and relaxing. I love MN and it was fun to visit but I did get a twinge of saddness when my DC friends called me to give me the 411 of the activities for the week/end. But that's a good sign.

I'm
supposedly being immature nowdays, as in comparison to my past. I say, "Screw it!" Yes, I may go to work with a slight hangover every once in awhile - EVERYONE I know does that. And hell, NO ONE likes a 'fun-hater.'

I bought the Star Tribune today to read on the plane. I now remember why I don't read the Strib. It makes me furious because about every-other article lamblasts every ideal or moral that I hold. Jerks. I won't go into detail on the articles but let's just say the topics include: Drugs, war, recruitment and marriage.

Thank you to all who made it out either on Wednesday and/or Saturday to hangout with me. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! If I could, I'd pack you up and have you all live in DC with me. Just think of the trouble that we could get in here..........

Double thanks to Ms. A for putting up with me. Hehe. I'm sure my singing on Saturday night would've given me the one spot on American Idol where they show all of those who didn't make the first cut.


And Random Moments from the Weekend:
- Changing clothes in the parking lot at Sterbs because I no longer have a home in MPLS
- Yelling - "SERVICE" to the crappy wait-staff at Sterbs
- Ms. A dropping my VA license in my beer and yelling "Trader!"
- Getting hit on by a guy in the "Unionized" party - yes the two girls kissing at Sterbs on Saturday night were a newly unioned couple.
- My nieces running full force to me when they saw me for the first time in 3 months....awww!
- Sitting at a table with my exboyfriend and his fiance at the wedding.....awkward!
- NWA losing my empty bag on my non-stop flight.
- Watching 'the guys' being 'the guys.'
- Doing the ONE thing I should never do.....we all know what that is.
- Just realizing on SATURDAY that Kenneth Lay died (hey, I was away from the news since early Weds!) and then pretending to cry.
- Drinking my beer out of a cocktail glass.
- Visiting Marshall Field's TWICE (Brurnsville Centre and Rosedale Mall) to take pictures and morn the loss of my favorite store.
And if you really care - I will be back in MPLS for the GREAT-MINNESOTA-GET-TOGETHER!!! Sept 1-4, I'm a little excited for the fair!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»