7.30.2006

I forgot my lipstick!

I was coming off of busy-as-hell social week (work was very dull though) and thought that my weekend would be just as fun/exciting/entertaining. I had a total high from with personal stuff and not to mention it was also a great one for baseball (Go Twins and Nats!!!).

But I guess there was no other way to go from there but down when it came to Friday night. Funny how the "Workin for the weekend" totally didn't come to play here. I went into Friday night like normal; meaning I relaxed, took care of some household stuff, stopped at the ABC and then got ready to go out.

Once I was out with Lolo the shit started hit the fan. **Please understand it has NOTHING to do with Lolo - she knows I adore her** So, Lolo and I are kickin' it up at the Angry Inch. It's a small little bar, packed with twenty-somethings but nothing special. The rail drinks were $5 - which I thought was a raping seeing how stingy the bartender was on the gin. But we continued on with our drinking. I got quite happy within an hour and started our regular rounds of making friends. We met a lot of people but unfortunately our 'friends' were always too young, not very cute or well just plain douchie. But we didn't care - we at least had each other.

We only spent 2 hours there but seemed accomplish a lot in that short amount of time. Most of it was good (like meeting new people and dancing) but as the time ticked away so did the number of not-so-fun things added up on my Crappy Night Meter, which included: Running into Buckeye fans, the strap on my purse breaking, spilling my drink on the floor and begging a guy to drink my last two drinks because "we had to leave" - edit really girlie moment.

After my beggin we were in a cab on our way to Lolo's boyfriends place. Now I don't mind this because I'm fairly happy from my gin and tonics. (which is a bad sign) I ended up passing out shortly after sitting down.......and awoke at 7 am freezing my ass off in a really, really cold room (I had no blanket and ended up covering myself in pillows). After waking up and feeling really awkward (I didn't have a clue as to where I was) I picked my wallet, camera and phone out from Lolo's purse and ask a random person on the sidewalk where I was and where the nearest metro stop was. (It's almost like doing the walk of shame at a Frat house) And yes, I was too lazy/cheap to call a cab.

In the middle of my hour commute to Rosslyn I realized that I forgot my lipstick in Lolo's purse. Whatever - it's just lipstick .....it wasn't until after getting to Rosslyn and half-way home I that I realized I had also forgotten my keys (real blonde moment). Lovely, seeing Lolo went back to sleep and her phone was off. So I'm stranded with only a phone, my wallet and reeking of bar with nowhere to go. And to top it all off - I had to be at Allen stuff in less than an hour! Thank God RO was up and saved me from my terrible moment. Major brownie points for him.

The rest of Saturday happened....mostly good but ended odd......

So fast-forward to my Sunday morning. I get up, make plans with Lolo, go to church and the like. I get home only to get a message from a friend. That friend is now on my "When You Finally Grow-up, Give Me a Call" list. So between that and some previous stuff from Saturday I'm getting crabby. I start to head out of the city for a drive only to get stuck in traffic. I turn around and go to Target. While there, every person seemed to be there either to A) run into me with all of their stuff or B) stand in my way. ANNOYING.

Since I was crabby I figured watching a movie would help with the 'tude that was increasing. But looking through the aisle all I saw was stupid love story or dumb humor movies. And that's when I remembered that I had yet to see the documentary The Aristocrats which was recommended by Tony. Instead of going to Blockbuster to rent, I bought it. (shut-up, I'm lazy) Once I got home I popped it in. I ended up suffering through 45 minutes and finally had to shut it off. It was horrible. It was a sick humor that I couldn't handle beyond 10 mins worth. So between some certain people, a bad moment (keys) on my part and this shitty documentary I was in the all time bad mood.

Of course in the height of my bad mood I got someone requesting me to update the blog....so here you go buddy - I updated - you happy?!

If anything, maybe you got a good laugh out of this. Majority of my problems stemmed from my stubborness and/or stupidity, so I shouldn't be complaining.

But really, all I got from this weekend is that I must covet my lipstick more than my keys. Sad, sad.

No comments: