7.25.2006

Go Twins........

It's a struggle being a Twin's fan within a National League dominated area. First of all, no one cares if you like the Twins. Secondly it's tough finding a place that will air the game. I had to be had HQ tonight which is fine but I was hoping to watch the game from there. Unfortunately Allen isn't big about having all of the sports channels, leaving me with a blank screen at 8:05 pm. I did some more work but ended up leaving around 9ish cause I couldn't handle missing the game. It was getting late and at this time we were already in the top of the 6th and tied...OF COURSE! I headed to Kitty O'Sheas and requested for them to turn the game on. The bartender had NO CLUE which station and spent about 20 mins looking for it. I gave up and walked over to Summers. They started to change the station (another 15 minutes) only to give me the Oakland game. (BOOOOO!!!!) Finally I got my beloved Twins at the bottom of the 8th. I about had a heart attack seeing that I missed the entire 7th inning which, of course, had the most runs/action. Dammit. I sucked it up, thanked the lady and ordered my gin and tonic. Luckily the White Sox screwed it up and we won. Even though I was obviously the only person who cared about the game I was able to turn the 5 other people at Summers into Twins fans. (3 cheers for me).

Tomorrow I'm heading to the Nats game. The first one for my for the month of July. I know I had sworn them off but you can't resist free tickets. Let's just hope they win:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»