7.02.2006

Silly Opposite Sex

**WARNING - this is my opinion about the male sex. No offense to anyone, okay maybe AB but that's it. Also, very few times will you see me post stuff about men so forgive me for this one time.**

I don't know what it is but around this time of year I try to stay away from the opposite sex as much as possible. I think it's because the 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays and really, I don't want it to be spoiled. Men have a tendency to do that for me. Now I know many are suprised with that statement because I have that reputation with guys. But it's true. The 4th means NO guys unless they are like brothers to me. And it appears that I'm going to be good this time around. I will be with the opposite sex but my God, I would never do anything with these ones. I'm happy for this. I think.

But when I realized this I started to think about why men are the way they are. You know - idiots. Growing up with a male-dominated lifestyle I believe I can sometimes understand the man, and lately I just want to make a HUGE apology to men from my sex in general. We expect you to read our minds, be smart, attractive and well decent.....that is tough I know. But there are good reasons why we women are so appalled and into you at the same time. And here's a few examples of both (negative and positive) that I've encountered these past two weeks:

Negative - AB and I got into a small fight, I told him why I'm upset yet he was too damn stubborn to admit that he was wrong (I've got proof that I'm right on this one).
Positive - Walking down the street and a guy who was fairly drunk and happy that the French beat Brazil, ran across the street to give me a hug and proceed to tell JR (on my cellphone) that I was hot. **okay so he was drunk, but his DD even agreed so I'll take it!**
Negative - Cute guy buys me drinks all night, flirts with me when I leave he gives my friend his business card, she e-mails him and he responds with "So which one are you?" **ahem, when you give a girl your business card, remember which one**
Positive - The guys in my life have been WAY better listeners than the females. **surprising kudos there**
Negative - If they don't see a benefit for themselves (like gettin some ass) there is NO way in hell that they will make sure you get home safely.
Negative - I don't care what age you are - whipping your thing out in public is sickening.
Negative - Looking at a girl and smiling is cute, gawking at her breasts (in the grocery store of all places) is NOT.



Okay - that is all I have for my complaining. Happy 4th of July!!! I love guys. And we know it. Sometimes a little too much. But I promise to work on that. And well be a little more proper in bars too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I only have one criticism about your criticisms...you have barely scratched the vast surface of the negatives. If you do choose to explore these further, let's add a negative for my not so cynical female friends who feel the need to tell me that their men have none of the flaws that are so inherent in the men I just can't help stumbling over.