8.04.2006

Atlantic

Sometimes correcting the marketing reports written by a person from another country takes too much time and can be frustrating. But sadly, now I know how people feel when they edit my crap. I’m sure they wonder what the hell I was thinking after I’m done doing my first draft…it’s all mumble jumble and then to top it off, I’m a quick thinker while typing– but not necessarily good at completing my thoughts/sentences. That is not good for anyone….so after two days of dictating a few Activity Reports from overseas; I’m now more compassionate towards those who have to ‘dictate’ my own stuff. I don’t even have the handicap that it’s not my first language. And somehow I have a degree.

On another note – is anyone else out there sick and tired of the song Crazy by Gnarles Barkley? It’s over-played ALL of the time. And why are the radio stations ignoring my request of hearing ANYTHING from The Changes. You can’t get much better than them (at the moment). But NO….they ignore it and instead play Crazy or a crap load of Dashboard Confessional…which, no offense, is getting terribly old too.

And for you guys; I have this buddy who wanted to get his girlfriends heart so he learned how to play the song Everlong on a guitar. I guess it worked. I didn’t know us females get so ‘hot and bothered’ over that?! And to prove he was right (to a group of 10 males and females) he tried it on us and I do have to say….I could see that working. So for you guys out there……learn to play a song like Everlong and you’re golden with the chicks. (You don’t even have to be good cause it’s only a few chords and you can just mumble the lyrics and that somehow will equal hotness).

Some of my favorite songs right now (new and old):
“Theologians” - Wilco
“Atlantic” – Keane
“Is it Any Wonder” – Keane
“American Music” – Violent Femmes
“Red Rain” – Peter Gabriel

No comments: