8.28.2006

Monday Morning Weekend

It seems like every Monday you spend about 30 mins. talking to your c0-workers about your weekend. And for me the usual commentary that takes place is:

Co-worker: "So Cassandra, how was your weekend."
Me: "Fine, yours?"
C0-worker: "Good, we went to __________"
Me: "Yeah, we did the usual. We went to _________ and had a good/bad/okay/awesome time."
C0-worker: "Cool."
Then we go back to our offices/cubes and click away on our computers.

For the most part that was my convo today but looking back at it, I didn't have an awesome weekend, nor did I have a bad one. I had good things but plenty of not-s0-good things happened too. Actually I think they kind of equaled each other out.

Good: The Twins beating the White Sox on Friday and Saturday
Bad: The Twins losing to the White Sox on Sunday
- some may argue two wins is better than one loss, but people, we are talking baseball here, it's very, very important and no losses are accepted.

Good: Amanda’s Bocce Ball party and shots with the Aussie on Saturday afternoon
Bad: The martinis hitting me hard at a private party on Saturday night

Good: Being mistaken as Susan Allen
Bad: Hearing complaints about macaca

Good: The Legwarmers 80’s cover band on Friday night
Bad: ½ of the crowd at the concert

Good: Going out everyday/night for the past 10 days.
Bad: Sleep deprivation

Good: No NWA strike
Bad: Recent plane crash
-I fly to MSP on Friday

Good: Santroum polls/outlook
Bad: Kennedy polls/outlook

So, looking back you could say that I had an undesribable weekend because in all reality nothing was outstanding or horrible.

(These are only in real relation to me....the plane crash was a terrible tragedy.)

No comments: