8.22.2006

Happy 50th!

Tuesday:

This is my 50th post. Who knew that I had so much crap to 'share' with the world?! But then again, we all know that I'm fairly long-winded and 88% of the time I cannot tell a good story. I have no real story other than I'm mad at my body for getting sick on such an important day. I'm an idiot and totally didnt' see it coming ........even though there were multiple signs like:

- Passing the bar last night (they had $4 cosmos)
- Being overly exhausted and going to bed early
- Being really quiet at the meeting
- Passing the other bar last night
- Having no energy to vaccum (I LOVE vaccuming)

It kicked me in the butt this morning when I woke up with a headache and scratchy throat. It was one of those movie moments when the little kid is super exicted about something (mine being the Twins vs. Orioles game tonight) where they have all of their stuff ready (my new Twins t-shirt and outfit laid out perfectly) and then look over to it with a sad look because they are sick. So that was me this morning, the buzzer goes off at 6 am.... I grunt and hit the snooze. ONE HOUR LATER - I realized what time it was and finally got my butt out of bed my throat was scratchy and feeling a major headache coming on. Sitting there I somberly looked over at my Twins shirt and shed a single tear.

But a trip to the local CVS for some over-priced cold medicine and about 6 glasses of water later I was golden and ready for the game.


******I stopped writing because I had to actually work********

Wednesday:

I don't think I've ever come from a game happy even though my own team lost. I guess cheering for the Gopher fteam has prepped me well for losing.

The other reason why I could handle it was the fact that it was literally the most gorgeous stadium out there. Not to mention we had really good seats. So throw me in an awesome stadium, with a beer/hotdog in hand and friends; I'm in 7th heaven.

But there are things that I learned I should never do, such as complain about education out loud only to have two teachers turn around (and it didn't help I mentioned the word 'whore' when I was complaining too). Always play appreciative of your visitors.....even when you don't think that they are here to visit YOU. And biggest lesson of all....don't drunk call a person who is just a friend and request for them to drive to your house and fix you a drink, I guess it looks/sounds like a booty call. Oops.

But take away those mistakes, it was a perfect night.

No comments: