8.16.2006

Switchin to Cherries


Forget the dairy industry….I’m switching to cherries. Tart cherries that is......

I won’t tell you how I came along this website (only because it makes me look really nerdy) but needless to say I found it and become somewhat engrossed in the fact that there is a Cherry Marketing Institute (funny seeing it's the same concept as my job, but just for a different product). Granted it’s 500 times smaller of a business than dairy and isn’t a major U.S. commodity, but really, wouldn’t it be fun to work for them?! Instead of my unlimited supply of free milk and cheese I will get cherries, cherry pie and much more! (Or at least I’d like to think that). Even though I fantasied about how cool it would be to work for them reality struck me and I then realized I was NOT meant for the (tart) cherry business.

Reasons why:
- I don’t plan on moving to Lansing, MI anytime soon.
- Who eats cherries every day?
- Our major importing country is Germany, BORING
- They are not as versatile as dairy…… you put a cherry ON a sundae…not ice cream on the cherry – obviously dairy is more superior.
- My family would disown me (not to mention I’d have my Butterhead title stripped away).
- No one can beat the “Ahhh…the power of Cheese” and “Got Milk?” campaigns. (The cherry people are lacking on their marketing skills here)
- Their little logo cherry dude looks very …. well….. gay.
- Milk comes from cows… baby calves are very cute…..you can’t pet a ‘cute’ cherry tree.
- No cherry princesses.
- Cherries have antioxidants…..but dairy has NINE essential nutrients! (for those health people out there)

*********************

Flying sucks these days! Between all of the terrorist stuff and then throw in a possible strike with NWA I’m a little worried about making it from DC to MSP over Labor Day weekend. We’ll see how that goes!

And let’s not forget about the regular CRAZY fliers like the lady in this article. Just can’t wait to hop on a flight and snuggle up close to a possible nut-case who’s going to threaten me with their lotion and a letter from Al-Qieda.

No comments: