8.09.2006

Hill Happy Hour

When you pass out at 10 pm at night it is easy to be wide awake by 4:30 am....trust me, that's just what happened. And that is why I'm sitting infront of my computer at this God-forsaken hour!

Last night was our Friends of Allen Happy Hour on the Hill night. Basically it was a bunch of Repubs hanging out, putting back some drinks, and talkin campaign. It started officially at 6 pm and majority of the crowd was fairly lubercaited by 7ish. I of course was one of the majority. I played greeter to the event because I'm nice but that didn't keep me from sipping on my gin and tonic and getting numbers from 'potential supporters' (GREAT way to meet people if you know what I mean).

Overall I was a good girl, that is, prior to 8pm. I had a good high happening because it was like putting me in a room with ALL of the people I've become friends with over the past month. I was social butterfyling it. The end of the climax came when I heard a familiar voice behind me saying,"Well Cassandra!?!" I look and see it's AB. (DAMN YOU DC and YOUR SMALL WORLD!) I flash a weak smile and say "Heeeey, how's it go?" (insert awkward silence) I soon realize AB and RO are looking at me funny which so I broke the slince with "AB, meet RO, RO meet AB." (more awkwardness) I tell each where the other works then excuse myself thanking the high-heavens I said I'd play greeter the rest of the night.

I did get to meet some more people, which is ALWAYS a plus. My friend Sarah (who was one of the party throwers) made Mike come and talk to me. Now, this is why I love my friends...you see, I'm their token Ag girl which means when they meet someone else in either exporting or ag they automatically send them straight to me because I MUST have something in common with that person. But lately, I've been lacking other "Aggie" friends so when Mike came over I was all over it (I'm sure my excitement freaked him out a bit though). Unfortunately he was wearing a ring (damn!). Nice guy and yes, we did have a lot in common.

After the shin-dig RO, RL and I head over to ROs office nearby (he works for the good people) where I have quickly become friends (we're talking first name basis) with one of the security guys. (I think it was the fact that I took up two rows instead of one when trying to fill-in my ID stuff). We attempt to watch the results for the CT primaries only to be disappointed in the lack of coverage so we said screw it and headed out for burritos.......yumm-o.

By nine I was full, happy and ready to head home. Dutifully I get on the train and make it off at my stop. While walking home I'm observing stuff and attempting to make ONE stupid phone call to a friend. While doing this and cautiously staring down a potential killer (homicide is increasing again) my heel gets caught and sends me flying to the ground. Remember, I'm tipsy people, NOT drunk. Of course my potential killer freaks out and rushes to help me (so I can't blame the guy for my fall when he's helping me up...lame). When I get up I realized I had scraped my knee really bad and damaged a shoe (DAMN!). But I'm fine so I continue on. I limp up the block and notice a car pulled over with two men attempting to change a tire. Feeling helpless but yet kind, I ask if they needed help. In their broken English they said that they were lost, had two flat tires and were trying to tell a friend where they were. So I played Saint Cassandra and gave their friend detailed directions. (I hope to God I was right!)

The best part was when I started to walk away one of the men shouted for me to come back. As I did he handed me a business card and said for me to spread the word of his friend. Apparently his friend is a photographer and relies on his buddies to get the word out. That's fine with me....but really it was a weird time to be doing promotions.

After my journey of Hill Happy Hour I finally get home, head straight to my room, and pass out...ALL BEFORE 10:30 pm.
(only to wake at 4:30 am with a crazy amount of hyperness....thank your lucky stars I'm sober and not drunk dailing you right now!)

- It's an amazingly simple life that I live!

No comments: